An OPT Subsea Power Solution offers autonomous and zero- or low- carbon electricity to subsea and surface applications across a range of power requirements.
With a PB3 PowerBuoy® or hybrid PowerBuoy®, an OPT Subsea Power Solution can provide autonomously generated electrical power in remote offshore areas for applications.
- Charging power and data communications for autonomous undersea vehicles and docking stations
- Emergency power for inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR)
- Powering unmanned platforms
- Wellhead monitoring during oil and gas decommissioning
- Enabling tiebacks to additional existing oil and gas platforms, removing the need for long umbilicals and additional platforms
- Persistent, reliable autonomous zero- to low-carbon power to decarbonize traditionally carbon-heavy operations
- Dedicated data communications facilitating real-time, 24/7 access to remote subsea assets and operations
- Substantially lower operational risk by negating the need for persistent or intermittent crewed vessels on site for power supply, equipment control, and/or data retrieval